Community Youth Services
The Community Youth Services (CYS) grant focuses on engaging youth and young adults (ages 11-24) in the prevention of youth violence and delinquency.
Target Areas: Our target areas are the Northwest suburbs of Chicago serving LGBTQ+ Youth, and Elk Grove and Hanover Township.
Our program's initiative is to reduce the rate of youth violence and delinquency among youth and young adults within our service area by:
• Increasing community engagement
• Increase youth involvement in decisions about community services
• Increase youth connection to employment
• Increase in family communication
• Increase in life skills development
• Increase in preparation to continue to college in high-demand career fields
• Improve the physical environment in local schools
The purpose for our LGBTQ+ Center is a way for teens and young adults to express themselves freely. Some LGBTQ+ individuals who attend are not out or able to express themselves in every area of their lives so the center gives them a safe place to be themselves. The programming provided is open to LGBTQ+ youth, young adults, and allies.